My sweet tooth got the best of me yesterday. I had another healthy baking date with my sister-in-law on Saturday and I think that started the downward spiral that led me to bake an entire pan of brownies late last night while watching the Broncos do their thing. But they were paleo brownies … so I don’t feel quite as guilty as maybe I should. I realize that I’ve shared a healthy(ish) brownie recipe before, and I still stand by that recipe, but this one is even easier than that one (which is always a plus) … and I do think they might be a little more chocolicious.
I’ve been playing around with a few different brownie recipes using coconut flour lately and this is the result of my tweaking this and tweaking that. I feel like it’s finally good enough to share and I hope you do too!
DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT FLOUR BROWNIES (and no, they do not taste like coconut)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in center of pan comes out clean).
- Let cool before cutting.
- Try not to eat the entire pan 🙂